Saturday, October 13, 2012

Keepin' It Old School

It's been a while since I've posted an update.  We've been pretty busy.  I've also been trying to not spend so much time on the computer and actually "be there" for the kids...LOL. 

I wanted to share a conversation that my friend Kim and I had this morning.  While making a nice breakfast this morning, I get a couple of complaints about what I'm making (Bee Tee Dubs, I made crescent rolls stuff with nutella and apples with cinnamon and sugar; pretty amazing if I do say so myself).  Anyways, we were saying that when we were kids, if we ever talked back, or complained about food, etc., we would have woken up the next day.  I asked her, if she thinks the kids have changed that much?  She brought up a very good point.  It's the PARENTS who have changed.  It's the parenting styles that have changed. 

I happen to agree with this.  Parenting styles have changed, and not for the better.  As for me and my house hold, we are keeping it old school.  And I think that's why my children have lived as long as they have. 

So, I'm starting a parenting campaign.  I'm calling it, "Keepin' It Old School".  Your child complains about dinner?  Let 'em starve.  You're child doesn't want to clean his room?  Take everything out of it.  I think you all see where I'm going with this.  Parents of the world unite!  Let's take back control of the situation.  Don't be afraid to slap a child in the face if they tell you to f*ck off.  IJS.

Apple Nutella Rolls
On the lighter side of life, here is a picture of the DEE LISH breakfast.  They tasted Uh-May-Zing.

No comments:

Post a Comment