Monday, April 22, 2013

Why I'm Done Parenting...

Here is a little story for you guys and gals about why I feel comfortable starting over as a parent and why I could pretty much loose Eric and Justin into the real world without hesitation.

We were at the eye doctor on Friday, and getting new glasses for Eric. This place had some great music going and Eric was really into it. All of a sudden, Lynyrd Skynyrd's Sweet Home Alambama came on. Eric was singing away, when the following conversation took place:

Salesman: Boy what do you know about Lynyrd Skynyrd?

Eric: My momma raised me right.

Salesman: Yes. Yes she did.

Me: That's nothing. Check this out. Eric, what did mommy teach you about Phil Collins?

Eric: That not only is he a singer/song writer, he's also an amazing drummer.

Me: And what did mommy teach you about Tom Petty?

Eric: That he is one of the best American singer/songwriters EVER.

Me: (I look the guy straight in the eye and say) You're welcome.

Yup. I'm done parenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment