Sunday, October 27, 2013

Chocolatey Pumpkin Goodness...

This evening I got a hankerin'.  And I figured since it's autumn, it needed to have pumpkin.  So I came up with a little something something. I used a recipe I had for chocolate cupcakes and altered it from there.  Now, I usually do not share recipes.  It's actually a rule I have.  But my dear friend Regina has convinced me that I need to quit being greedy biotch and share my wonderfulness with the world.    So here you are! Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing

    YUM-O!
    For the cupcakes 
  • 1 1/2 cups cake flour
  • 2/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup plain Greek yogurt 
  • 1 3/4 cup canned pumpkin (15 oz. can)
  • 1 tsp white vinegar
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 cup mini chocolate chips
          For the frosting
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 cupcake cups with paper liners. Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda & salt together; set aside. In a separate bowl, stir together the yogurt, pumpkin, vinegar, & vanilla extract, set aside. 


In a large mixing bowl, beat butter & sugar until light & fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Alternately beat in the flour & pumpkin mixtures in thirds. Fold in the mini chocolate chips. Spoon batter into cupcake cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Place cupcake pans in the center of the preheated 350 degree oven & bake approximately 25 minutes. 

While cupcakes are cooling, prepare cream cheese frosting. In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, & nutmeg. If the frosting is too soft, chill in fridge for 15-20 minutes before frosting the cupcakes. When cupcakes are completely cool, spread with frosting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment