Sunday, September 9, 2012

Come to Jesus Meeting...

Last night we had a Come to Jesus Meeting.  It was pretty amazing.  We did the usual threatening techniques.  And some new ones.  I even had bullet notes so I wouldn't forget to hit all the points I wanted to make. Basically, what it boils down to is...
1.  No one is the boss of anyone, except me.
2.  No one can put their hands on anyone in a violent way, except me.
3.  No one slams doors in this house, except me.
4.  And no one can scream in this house, except me.

I think they get it now.  It's been pretty calm today.  Maybe it's because we ventured out to Chuck E. Cheese today (two hours of my life and $60 I will never get back).  But at least they all had fun.

Anyways, my favorite part of the meeting was when Bruce said that he had no problem letting everyone sleep on the front porch if they couldn't follow these simple rules.  Then he turns to Eric and says:

Bruce:  Eric, tell these boys how it feel to sleep on the front porch?  (Back fill on this story... one night Eric was screaming for some reason I don't really remember, and I told him to grab a sleeping bag and a pillow and go sleep on the porch if he wanted to act like that; so he did; only for five minutes, but it was very effective)

Eric:  *sniff sniff* It was the worst day of my life.

Me:  *grabbing my note pad that I took notes on and throwing it up in my face so he couldn't see me laughing*

Bruce: *giving me the stink eye*

Bruce also threatened to have them all out back cutting the grass.  With scissors.  It was amazing.

I'm sure we won't have anyone sleeping on the porch.  And I'm pretty sure they all have a healthy fear of Bruce now. And hopefully I won't have to lay hands to Jesus over the situation. 

2 comments:

  1. I want to know how in the h.e.doublehockeystix you got out of CEC for only $60 with 4 boys! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone else bought the pizza. The only way we got out of that under a hundred I'm sure.

      Delete