Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Lunch Time Sneak Attack

At lunch today, I creeped home to check on the kiddos.  I walk in and hear nothing but screaming.  Of course I'm thinking... WTF.  But I loudly say... HEY GUYS!   What happens next made me laugh all the way to the doctor...

All of them turn around with an "Oh. Shit." look and  (get this)  all of them start cleaning.  It's almost like they're thinking, "If we start cleaning, maybe she'll forget we were acting out of control."  It was AMAZEBALLS.

Bee Tee Dubs... I have a feeling Jeremy and I are going to come to blows over my recipes.  He wants to know what's in EVERYTHING! 

Jeremy:  Mrs. Nina, two questions, 1.  What's in your pot roast?  And 2. What's in your broth for your pot roast?

Me:  1.  Meat, potatoes, carrots, celery and onion.  2.  I never give out a recipe.

Jeremy:  What if there's something in it I don't like?  Or what if I LOVE it and I want to recreate it? 

Me:  I don't even give recipes to your mom; not even to my own husband. 

Jeremy:  What if my mom gave you one of her top secret recipes?

Me:  Oh well.

I love this kid.  I love that he wants to learn to cook.  And cook he shall.  It will just take me some time to relinquish control.   And by time I mean 10 months.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment