Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Someone Turned 9 Today!

So today is Joey's 9th Birthday.  As many of you know, my family does not celebrate birthdays.  But I think I was able to balance my families beliefs and Joey's beliefs very nicely.  He got to skype with his dad and open his presents that he and his nana and grandpa sent, while Christian watched. 
Joey talking with Christian
Joey talking with Kathy and Dan

Then he got to do the same with his mom and Dan.  It was really cool.  I really do think that Skype is the coolest thing on the whole damn planet.  I really don't know what all these Military Families would do without it. 

All in all, a good day.  Some funny stuff always goes down.  I think the quote of the day goes to Eric (and sorry to those of you who already read this on Facebook):
Got out of the car this morning and Eric grabs my hand.
Me: I love that you still want to hold my hand.
Eric: it's just so I don't get run over.
Joey: dude. There's no cars.
Eric: you never know.
*then Eric drops my hand when we get to the side walk*
Me: sadface
Eric: *grabs my hand again* OK! But only until we get inside the school.
Lol!
OH!  Two quotes of the Day thanks to Justin:
Justin:  Hey Dad.  Eric invited Ms. Melanie for dinner. But don't worry, it was a mom-approved message.
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment