Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Slap Happy Disappointments

So today was a long day.  Not a bad day, just a long day.  And I'm so punch drunk and slap happy from lack of sleep and work, that God forbid anyone trip in front of me right now, because I would totally bust out laughing.  But ANYWAY!  I had plans on getting home and taking the boys to Subway.  Well, I just got home like five minutes ago.  And needless to say, that's not happening.  Bruce got home before me and told them to just junk out.  Do what you want.  (wow.)

I walk in from work, sure that I was going to get a WTF from all the boys.  But the first thing that happens is, Justin grabs me and says,  "Mom, I'm sorry you had a long day."  And he just hugged me.  I about started crying.  I really do have human beings for children.  And they're really sweet ones!  And then he made a fart sound and broke that happy moment.  (yeah I totally laughed out loud too)

The moral of this story is, no one was upset and no one made a big deal.  They all were agreeable and understanding.  Which is the complete opposite reaction I was ready to walk into.  So, to all you mothers, and mothers mothers, they aren't always like this, but when they are, those moments are so sweet.  Cherish them.


No comments:

Post a Comment