Monday, August 6, 2012

Saturday, Day 1

Day one was Saturday, August 4th. 

I want everyone to know that Kathy. Is. My. Hero.  I don't think that people on the outside of the military understand the sacrifices that these men and women go through for the Country.  Watching Kathy say goodbye to her children was the hardest thing I have ever watched.  And saying goodbye to one of my best friends was just awful.  I hate it.  But they are the only ones sacrificing.  These boys, they have watched both of their parents leave.  Can you truly grasp that?  Really.  Truly.  Grasp.  All I can say is that I have so much respect for both Kathy and Christian, and these boys. 

I tried very hard to keep them busy this day.  I needed to go to Sam's.  I thought it would be a good idea to take all of them to there.  Well, needless to say I learned a very valuable lesson.  NEVER. TAKE. FOUR. BOYS. TO. SAMS.  EVER.  Yeah, that's not happening ever again.  I about lost my mind.  

After Sam's, I took them swimming.  I think they had a blast.  We live in a great community, and have such supportive friends and neighbors.  My family is very lucky. 

So, this started out as a long day, but I think they had fun and hopefully I can keep them busy until school starts the 27th. 


2 comments:

  1. I thank you for your kind words, but I think you are my hero. I couldn't do what I am about to do without you. It is because of you and Bruce that Dan and I can deploy with our minds at ease, as far as the boys go anyway. Dan was very happy with who we are leavng the boys with. He really liked you and Bruce, and OF COURSE, because you two are AWESOME!!! I knew that already tho ;) I thank you both for everything that you are doing for us, and I apologize in advance for any hell that you WILL endure because of my kiddos! I love you girl. You too Bruce.

    ReplyDelete